How To Prevent Leaking Roofs in Tampa
If you’re a homeowner, you’ll want to make sure that you know how to prevent leaking roof issues. This starts with a visual inspection, and then a professional inspection if you detect anything might not look right. Taking the right steps now to ensure that your roof is airtight when a storm hits can make all the difference in helping to keep your home safe from leaks and flooding. As we know, leaks can bring mold and mildew and that’s something you’ll want to avoid at all costs. Chase Roofing is a leading residential roofer that employs a team of experts with many years of experience. We can fix any roofing problem including builder errors, roof neglect, and standing water.
Five Smart Maintenance Tips for Keeping Roof Leaks at Bay:
- Trim your trees regularly! Do you have tree branches that extend over your roof or are hitting a window? Trimming your branches and cutting your trees can keep pests who use the branches as a bridge to your roof away for good. Once on your roof, these pests can burrow, tunnel and cause serious damage. Tree limbs can also cause damage in a hurricane if not secured.
- Clean your gutters regularly. I’m sure you’ve noticed that most roofs are sloped in to help aid in water drainage. Sloped roofs typically pour water into gutters, allowing water to drain off of the roof and away from your home’s foundation. Keeping your gutters clean will ensure that they will not get backed up with water-clogging debris.
- Do a visual inspection. Take a peek at your roof and make sure everything looks okay. Make sure your roof doesn’t have any debris on it. If you detect any leaks, call a residential roofer in Tampa that you can trust, like Chase Roofing.
- Be aware of fire hazards. When you’re decorating your roof over the holidays, make sure that your decorative lights don’t damage your roof. Always make sure to affix lights with gentle adhesives that don’t harm roofing. If you set off fireworks, make sure to aim them away from your roof.
- Replace missing shingles. Roofing shingles can break or fly away in a strong storm. High winds and regular wear can all take a toll on your roof. A tile can also act as a deadly flying weapon in a violent storm if not properly tacked down. Remember to replace them quickly by calling an experienced residential roofer in Tampa.
These are just a few of the ways you can protect against roof leaks and damage in storms or just everyday rainstorms. The age of a roof can also be the culprit in the majority of roof leaks, that why it makes sense to contact an expert residential roofer in Tampa to inspect and repair anything that needs attention sooner than later. Give us a call today if you think you have a roof leak and are looking for the best residential roofer in Tampa. Call Chase Roofing and Contracting and of our courteous expert roofers will be dispatched to your Tampa home within the hour.